For the purposes of this policy, "tolerance" shall mean the leeway given regarding work experience when reviewing an application. Applicants lacking a small amount of work experience when applying for promotional or open-competitive examinations may qualify under the following conditions:
- Candidates will be given a maximum tolerance of one (1) month.
- Tolerance will be given only when the minimum qualification requires one or more years of work experience.
- Tolerance Policy does not apply to education or licensure/certification requirements. (See particular examination announcement for "Anticipated Eligibility" information).
- Tolerance Policy does not apply where required work experience is set forth by law or rules.
- Tolerance Policy does not apply to enable applicants to meet residence requirements.
- Experience gained after filing date will not be considered.
For more information regarding Tolerance Policy, please contact our office at (716) 938-2315.